Instagram!

Friday, October 7, 2011

The Invaluable Meaning of Photographs

People say I’m vain because I like to take photos. People who say that are nothing but shallow. I take photos simply because I want to freeze the happy moments and be kept as memories. So in the years ahead, I have some beautiful memories to reminisce, instead of being clueless about the pass. Remember, no one ever take a photograph of something they want to forget.

Back at high school, I always took my mom’s 35mm film camera to school to take photos with my friends, especially birthdays and year ends when we had nothing much do in the class. After developing them I will make collages with the photos with cute cut outs from magazines. Since then I’ve nurtured a hobby of keeping photos in pretty albums, I find it very sentimental and personal. Especially when you look back at the albums after 10 years, it just brings back so much memories with that extra personal touch.


And every year I will take a set of portraits of myself. I don’t find it vain, it’s just a way of keeping track of the years in my life and see how much I’ve changed throughout the years. We can only be 18 and 22 once, the photos of it is as treasurable as some “nobody-knows-what-the heck” masterpiece in the art gallery (minus the price, of course).



I just love this album box! It has dividers with 24 pockets each! Perfect for organizing! Thanks to Alvin ^^



I have this album where I keep a photo of each places I’ve been with Alvin too. 20 years later,  I can show my children how happening their mommy and daddy was XD


I love pimping my polaroids with stickers. I know there are many polaroid films selling out there with Winnie the Pooh, Hello Kitty and Mickey Mouse pre-printed on it. But my stickers are so much nicer with bling blings with space for me to write my own captions XD Last time I wanted to get a polaroid album to store all my polaroids instead of clustering them in the drawer. I saw online it was selling at such expensive price! And suddenly the light bulb above my head light up *DING!* Instead of buying expensive albums with limited pockets, why not get a namecard holder! The polaroid size is the same as a standard namecard! WALAA!

And not to forget albums for my lomo photos. Almost finishing, time to get a new one!



My polaroid album set is so cute! It comes like a DVD set, mocking the famous movies like Titanic as Titamoo, Child's Play as Moo's Play, Men in Black as Moo in Pink and Matrix as Mootrix. Cuteness!

Geez, let me count how many types of albums I have.
1. Self Portrait Albums
2. Trip Albums
3. Polaroid Albums
4. Lomo Albums

Why does one person need so many types of album for different types of photos. Dor yu, but I like ^^

An utterly unrelated photo, a corner I took over in Alvin's room (besides the wardrobe =P). Here is where I chill with my magazines, photo collage-ing and dolling up myself.


 XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Where you got your DVD like album? Soooo cute! How sweet that you print every pictures out and keep =)

    ReplyDelete