Instagram!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rainbow Color vs Maxim.

I used to wear cosmetic color contact lens. Not because my eyes are small but just plain fatt hao. I wore Geo Lens, it was cheap, comfortable and nice! They have all sorts of colors and patterns! But because this brand is getting more famous and it's not available in Malaysia except online, people came out with imitations and selling them like hot cakes to innocent people, thus injuring their eyes.

Geo Lens is a Korean brand, Malaysia doesn't have license to sell the brand, therefore people are getting the stock from Korea online and selling them online. I got mine online too, just RM25 for a normal pair. But lately pasar malam people are selling them. To my horror, they are now selling 3 pairs for RM25! O___o Do you dare to wear?

Was wearing Geo Lens in Violet.

I tried FreshLook but because I have big pupil, not all color contact lens are suitable for me. The colored part of the lens blocked my pupil, so my vision was blurred. Sad =( I threw it away.

Lately I bought another pair from Rainbow Color, came upon the brand from Cheeserland, she endorsed the brand. I bought it for my ROM and wedding photoshoot. It looked good on her (judging from her photos). But the color came out too light and again, it blocked my pupil and blurred my vision. NYAHHHH!!!!!!! The color is called Earth Brown, but it looks more like Tangy Orange =__= I looked like one of the Cullens in Twilight.

Here's my verdict:



Rainbow Color contact lens. Selling for RM58 at Sasa.


It looks alright in picture. Trust me, in real life I look like an albino.

BOO!!!

Insist of being vain, I tried my luck and bought another pair from Maxim. Fann showed me the website of her sister's online shop and I saw the choices from Maxim are quite tempting. I bought the color Cocoa and mamamia! Thank God it fits perfectly for my pupil and the color is au naturel. It's not too obvious and doesn't make me look weird. Though it can go a bit lighter but I'm ok with it. It feels like as though I'm not wearing anything!

Here's my verdict:



I bought for RM65 from an optical shop at Ikano.

More natural compared to Rainbow Color.


Look like purple here because of the filter used.

 My ROM is this Sunday! To be a Mrs in another 3 days. Enjoying my last few days of singlehood. Adios!

6 comments:

  1. Yii~~ i stop wearing lenses cos i think i bought a fake geo FML. I had long term infection and I stayed off for so long d. U look awesome in Maxim lens. Gatal, feel like trying again if my eyes can take it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe! ^^ Buy Maxim! It has soft edge cut and high water content. I wanna buy the grey color next round =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think better be careful with these kind of colour contacts for decorative purposes. Coz many of them are not approved by FDA and they are marketed to the public

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decorative purposes!! Sounds like I'm a Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "MAXIM lenses look nice, but your hair seems like it is fading.. STILL DONT WANNA COLLECT DRY SHAMPOO AH!!" HAHAHA ecksie reckons so too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fading?! O_o NOooOoOoooo!!!! I think it's the filter used gua >_< I'm going to collect next week, this week is my ROM, will be bz bz. Thank u so much for it =D

    ReplyDelete