Instagram!

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Honeymoon.

Lately my brain is overexcited, hence the difficulty to fall asleep, staying asleep and waking up LOL. All thanks to my honeymoon, the date is drawing near! It feels like my wedding all over again! The preparation, the anticipation, the excitement!

THE SUPERSTITIOUS BELIEF

I didn't want to talk about it until everything is pretty confirmed, like 99.9% confirmed. Because I realized that every time I spill something about my plan, it won't work out. For instance, I told everyone in my blog about how I wanted my ROM to be held as a luncheon at the waterfront, how my ROM dress will look like and so on, but everything didn't come true. The second incident was the house hunting. The husband and I decided to buy a 1.5 storey landed house, I got very excited and told my mom and sister about it (and also 2 close friends). And again it didn't happen because of some problems occurred with the current tenant. Damn! We even prepared the cheque already, such a huge disappointment! I know I'm being superstitious, what to do, I'm married to a superstitious man. It's the same like people will only announce their pregnancy after the first trimester, else they might risk losing the baby. From now on, if I have any big plans or event, I'm going to keep my mouth sealed tight until it's 100% confirmed! *punch fist on table!*

Money has been paid, tickets have been bought. So I guess my honeymoon is pretty safe to be blogged? For this honeymoon, I've approached so many travel agencies. Don't preach to me about planning it myself and going just the 2 of us because it's a honeymoon. Trust me, I have rounds of debate with the husband already. He is a safe man that takes no risk. He wants everything to be well prepared by people for him so he can relax and enjoy without much worries about transport and stuff. So hence the tour with tour agency, I rest my case.

MAYFLOWER TOUR

Back to the tour. Previously. I settled with Mayflower. It's a subsidiary company of Tan Chong Motor, which happens to be my client from my ex agency company. I trust them, so I chose it over other tour agencies like Reliance and GTT which the husband and his family raved about. Their website is not very convincing. No specific tour dates, no prices and when the husband called them for inquiries, they told him to look at their website instead. Duh, your website has insufficient information that's why we called. With such customer service, we signed up with Mayflower.

After paying the deposit, they were supposed to inform us if they have enough people to confirm the tour a month before the departure date. And so we wait, wait and wait. 2 days after the supposed date for them to call, I got inpatient and called them. When I finally got in touch with the person in charged, she told me they did not have enough people and still waiting for confirmation. I totally lose it after that and said "I'm not going to sit here and wait for you to take your own sweet time to find people for the tour. You should have done this before the due date. If the tour is not confirmed, I need to seek for other alternatives. Your delay will cause me limited times to look for other tour and Chinese New Year is the peak season, many tours are fully booked. This is my honeymoon, you don't mess up my honeymoon!". I know the last sentence sounded like I'm a diva, but their no-sense-of-urgency in their working attitude will bring trouble to people. *tamama impact in full blast mode*


APPLE VACATION

After all the hassle of going through other agencies again, we settled with Apple Vacation. Recommended by Sharon and a colleague of mine who used to work at tour agency. Though Reliance was their first recommendation, but they can't confirm their tour too. I browsed through Apple Vacation website, nearly 70% of their tours are fully booked, I'm amazed. Even Reliance and Mayflower can't get enough people, but Apple's tours are all full. Thankfully I found one of their 10 days Europe tour still have limited seats. So I called and WALAA!!! Settled! The downside is the tour didn't cover Italy compared to the 15 days tour by Mayflower. No Venice, Rome, Pisa and no Prada Outlet Space! T____________T


But when there is a will, there is a way! We both felt 10 days are a bit too short, so we decided to extend our trip on our last stop in London. Thankfully the husband has relatives staying in London. So we are going to crash at his uncle's place for 6 more days. And within the 6 days, we are going to Venice, on our own! You must be very surprised why the husband agreed with the self discovery Venice visit. He himself was quite disappointed that our tour didn't cover Italy. With my persistence, I did my own research and planned my own 2 days 1 night Venice trip. With my thorough research and itinerary, I proposed to Alvin like proposing a million dollar business contract =_=

He nodded!

SUCCESS!!!!!!

My proposal, complete with flight itinerary, map and expenses calculation!

Furthermore, I feel bad for troubling his relatives for 6 long days. So going off to Venice for 2 days is quite a good idea. We have a guided tour for 10 days, so what's wrong with going off on our own, taking risk and be adventurous for just 2 days. Venice, just the 2 of us, ahhhh....romanchiku! Though we didn't get to go Rome, Vatican City and Pisa, but at least we get to sit in the gondola in Venice, I can finally die with no regrets.

Die die also must sit in the gondola and cruise the Grand Canal!

Eh wait! I can't die yet. I still need to go Santorini Greece! If possible I wish to slot in Greece as one of our stop in Europe but it's very impossible because of the location. Very very impossible. So yeah, if I get to go Greece then I can die with no regrets.

I swear this is going to be my second honeymoon destination! I will make it come true!
I guess I was over excited. When I was purchasing the air ticket to fly from London to Venice, I overlooked the month of the return flight. After I paid for everything and saw the itinerary, my heart stopped for a second. 20 February - 21 March 2013.


Don't ask me how much is the final cost of the air tickets after amendments *tears*

Here are the places that we will go.

NETHERLAND

Zaans Schans, the famous Windmill Village. I wonder if the sheep will still be fluffy during winter season.

Cheese and Clogs Factory. Cheeesseeeeee....the thing that turns me on more than chocolate!


Dam Square

Canal Cruise. I love river cruise, I can see things without moving my legs.

Red Light District. Probably Alvin's most favorite spot in the itinerary =___=

GERMANY

Gothic Cathedral. Looking at this reminds me of Dracula and the scary sound of church organ.

Heidelberg Castle and Karl Theodor Bridge.

Rhine Falls. Can't wait to see this mega waterfall with my own eyeballs!

SWITZERLAND

Interlaken. I wanna run across the meadow and sing "The hills are aliveeeeeee........with the sound of muuuuusic......."

Top of Europe. SNOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Ice Palace

Kapellbrucke

PARIS

You don't consider yourself going to Paris if you don't go to the Eiffel Tower.

River Seine Cruise. Again, I don't need to move my legs to see sceneries.

Y U NO GO LOUVRE MUSEUM!

I'm willing to give up shopping in Paris to come here! I wanna see Mona Lisa!

LONDON

St. Paul's Cathedral

Photo stops at London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, House of Parliament.

During our extended stay, I hope we can manage to see the mysterious Stonehenge.

National Gallery. We must be artistic in Europe. 

Bicester Village. High end brands' outlet store. I can spend one whole day here!

VENICE

St. Marco Square. Let's feed some pigeons here.

St. Mary of the Friar

Grand Canal

Let's hope the places are as beautiful as the pictures. Any suggestions where I must go in London and Venice?

4 comments:

  1. HAVE FUN AND PLEASE DRESS UP EVERYDAY AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's winter and super cold. I bet even I dress up I will cover up like a dumpling, nothing to see XD

      Delete
    2. your honeymoon plan is so awesome, i wish i'm married to a man that can take me for a one month honeymoon too... *love eyes* have fun and like what xen said, DRESS UP! wheee~!!

      Delete
    3. Wah! One month?! You are very greedy! I'm just going for 15 days la. I hope the weather is alright for me to dress up too!

      Delete