Instagram!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Seafood and sunset at Morib Gold Coast.

We had a road trip to Morib Gold Coast during the husband birthday week. We stayed at the Morib Gold Coast Hotel with the indoor water theme park. I saw how they brag about their first hotel with indoor water theme park, so I thought why not give it a try.

We were flabbergasted when we reached the resort because it was like Genting Highlands. The place was flooded with people, then only we found out it was school holiday. We only spent an hour in the theme park because people are everywhere especially children. Furthermore, the theme park has no interesting rides. There is only one water slide that is suitable for adult. The rest are for children.

We proceeded to dinner at the famous Golden Sea Restaurant, set next to the Morib beach overlooking the beautiful sunset. That's why it is called Golden Sea (I assumed). Because the sunset is indeed golden in color!

Let's start with the food first. It was one of the best seafood I have ever taste in my whole life. I don't mind driving 1-2 hours to Morib just to eat the seafood!

1. "Seong tong lala".
OMGGGGGG!!!!!! I have no words to describe these clams! I don't even think there is a word that can do justice to the deliciousness of it. The clams were humongous, fresh, the texture was tender and they were oh-so-juicy! The clams that we get here are small, the texture is rough and the juice can be fishy sometimes. But their clams taste sweet!!!! I have never eaten lala as big as a 50 cent coin!

2. Banana chicken.
When the staff recommended us this dish, we were quite skeptical because of the combination. But we gave it a try though. Turned out it was good! The chicken cutlet were deep fried garnished with bananas and some sweet sauce. Topped with smashed peanuts and sesame. So sweet and juicy!

























3. Butter fried prawns.
The prawns were huge and fresh! The meat was so succulent!

We ordered another vegetable dish but I think I was too hypnotized by the food I had forgotten to snap a photo of it. Sorry veggie.

Here is my verdict for this restaurant. Do I even need to tell you already?!



And here are the photos of our golden sunset experience.

Cliche sunset photo.


It was either Fuankee was trying to find a nice angle with his hands or he were simply being a zombie.

I was more amused of Ewen taking photo of the red flag more than the red flag itself.

We caught a weird looking stingray on the mud.

Looked like Predator's face.

This photo could look very beautiful if the person in it was some sexy model like Giselle or Miranda Kerr =____=



Leaving footprints in the sand, and also their hearts. Awwwww..... *melt*



We spent the night hovering in the room watching horror movie and chilled by the balcony looking for wishing stars!!!! We saw so many of them!!!! We got so excited like small kids and made wishes. I should have taken videos of our encounter, we looked like some idiots high on drugs, LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment