Instagram!

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Love Story.

Since my blog now has partially became a wedding blog, I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm getting married. So let me tell you how our love story started more than 3 years ago.

Once upon a time, there was a princess (me) who got cursed by an evil ugly witch, trapped in a dungeon for a long long time. On one fine day, a prince (Alvin) came to my rescue in his shining armor and gave me a kiss of love, which broke the spell. We then live happily ever after. The end.

....

Just kidding. Such cliche fairy tale only happens in the book, or probably some childish dramas. Actually I've already had the story typed out until the confession part but I found the story was over narrative and long winded. So I will cut the long story short (Just in case you fall asleep halfway reading, you can play the videos below while reading. It makes the whole love story more alive =)

If you want a romantic and emotional feeling while reading, play this song:




But if you prefer a slightly more cheerful happy feeling, play this instead:



Our love story is not a dramatic one. No forbidden meeting, no rejection from the family or whatsoever. We just met through a mutual friend. 4 years ago I got my heart broken very badly by someone that I shall not name (my ex lar). After that there were quite a few guys who came chasing me, including Alvin. All the guys were very aggressive and pushy, all asking me desperately to accept them, all except Alvin. Judging from my condition at that moment, still bleeding from the previous failed relationship, he took a step back, be patient and gave me space to breathe instead. I guess it was that sense of respect and patience that caught my attention. There are things in life that you can't push for it. Good things come to those who wait.

We went Bali together with the rest of our friends and it was then that I found out I enjoyed spending time with him, in regardless it was with friends or personally just with him. But who won't fall in love at such beautiful place! It's Bali! So to keep my heart safeguard, I told him things will go back to normal once we went back to Malaysia. After some time thinking, I realized that with all the respect and patience that he has given me, he deserves a chance from me. And so we became a couple.

Bali, the place I fell for him 4 years ago *shy*

Like any other couple, we fight a lot during the early stage of the relationship. But it was the arguments that made us understand each other more. Yes, it might be very irritating and nerve wrecking, but trust me. Couples NEED to fight, but take it as a progress to a more understanding relationship. It is through all these rough patches that we learn to understand and accept the other person for who they are.

I DO NOT believe in people saying "We don't fight, once we fight, means we are over." There is seriously no such thing, it's either your partner is too patient with you (don't be proud, its not healthy) or both of you don't give a shit about each other.

He doesn't buy me expensive stuff, except for the occasional birthday or anniversary presents. I don't get branded bags, sparkly jewelries or flashy cars from him like other girls get from their boyfriends. Everyone has the perception that he gives me all the expensive stuff that I have. But no, he doesn't. I'm not a material girlfriend, whatever branded stuff that I have, it's from my own money. I don't mind having meals with him at hawker stalls, I don't mind staying at home with him on Saturday night watching TV and I certainly don't mind him cooking for me and chill at home on special days like Valentine or Christmas.

He might not give me the material things that I want, but he certainly can give me everything that money can't buy. It's not all the about material stuff, it's too staged for people's eyes. It's all the small little things that he does for me (sometimes even without him knowing it) that matters most. For instance, he drives my car to pump for petrol when he saw my car is running out of fuel. He cuts the chicken for me when he sees me cutting it clumsily. If I order half boiled eggs and when it comes, he automatically reaches out and break them for me.  It may sound like he is babysitting me, but which woman doesn't want a husband who can do everything for them! And most of all, he doesn't mind watching Desperate Housewives, Glee and America's Next Top Model with me. Furthermore he will imitate how Tyra Banks walk and shake her boobs and head when the opening song is played. How not to marry a man who does that.

I was once a selfish, impatient and bad tempered person. But he changed me without me knowing it. It's true, I've became someone better. Now I start to understand the situation before I get angry, accept him for who he is and be patient with his weaknesses. Don't ask me how or when he changed me, he just did, subconsciously. I guess when 2 person are meant to be, they compliment each other. It's like 2 pieces of jigsaw puzzle, he completes me the part that I'm lacking, and I complete him the part he is lacking.

Us, today. Soon to be husband and wife.

 *both of the songs above will be used for my wedding =)


No comments:

Post a Comment