Instagram!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dream came true!

If you have been following my blog, you should know that the biggest dream of my life is having my own house. A place where I can finally call my own, a home.

I am from a middle class family, not to say we do very well. The house that I grew up at in Ipoh was rented. After spending the first 16 years of my life in that suburban timber house, we had to move because the owner decided to sell it. Since then, we had been moving here and there for 3 times. When I was 18, I finally moved to KL and I rented a room. Within my 8 years in this city, I have moved around for 6 times. I never felt like I belong to anywhere. Because all I did for my whole life was moving around.

I must say that life has been good to me since I got married. I feel truly blessed and happy that most of my dreams are fulfilled and I'm living the life that I always wanted. Most of all, the husband is fulfilling my biggest dream with me. A house of our own. A place where I can finally call....home.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!

Since the beginning of the year, we had been looking around. And we found a modest house around the area we are currently staying with my family in law. It's a single storey house with an extra attic floor and it's rather old, about 60 years. My parents in law love the place because it's only 3 minutes drive from their house and we can rebuild it according to our preference, since the house itself is not quite in living condition.

The whole legal paperwork and bank loans took about 3 months. After another month, we finally got the drawings from the architect on the new structure of the house.


This is the floorplan of the existing structure of the house. Since it's an old single storey house, usually the master bedroom is placed at the front next to the living room and the shape is vertically rectangular. The attic floor is additionally built by the previous owner.

Here is the new structure on how we are going to revamp this old house.


Sorry for the messy drawing, blame the architect. It's seriously bloody detailed, he even drew the washing basin, toilet bowl and bath tub WTF! No wonder he charged a bomb. We are maintaining the master bedroom as what it is, just combining the 2 bedrooms as 1 and extending it a bit and adding a bathroom inside. And of course, a walk-in wardrobe for the queen! We are taking off one of the bedroom at the living hall area to convert it to dining area, dividing it with a partition in which the husband has planned to put his aquarium there. So the next time when we are having our dinner, the fish can see we are eating their species, muahahahahaha!!!!!

As for the attic floor, we are completely rebuilding it to become a second storey. Yeap, We are changing it to become a 2 storey house.


The guest room upstairs is the same size as the master bedroom downstairs. After adding the walk in wardrobe, the master bedroom will be much smaller, OMG! I'm still contemplating whether to have our room downstairs or upstairs. But the husband insist to have our room downstairs =_=

The workstation will be placed upstairs at the new family hall. As for the balcony, which surprisingly is placed at the back of the house, my father in law suggested to make it as a laundry place. Totally opposite of what I had in mind. I wanted to make it a leisure area with a lounging chair and some plants around. But after a while, I think it's not quite a good idea because it's at the back of the house and all I can see is probably my neighbor cooking =_= Yeah, scrap that!


This is how it's going to look like externally. The slanted dotted lines are the existing roof which we are going to tear them down.

Can't wait for the renovation work to start. I will take before, after and during photos to show you guys! Previously I harped on my wedding progress, then my honeymoon progress and now the progress of my new house. I hope you guys won't get bored with me and my never ending progress!

Hopefully I will have a new home to celebrate new year =)


5 comments:

  1. Feel so excited for you! Most importantly after transforming it into a two storey house, make sure you plan spaces you would use every day on both floors. Like what u said, maybe master on the first floor? Its good to be active all round the house and use all corners, before it becomes a "dead space". Can elaborate that more when we come out for drinks hehehe... (ppsstt.. 2 person 3 living hall? I'd convert the whole attic to be a personal zone~~~) solly alvin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Even Kelle said the same thing about converting the attic floor to master bedroom with our own balcony and walk in wardrobe. Please help me to persuade Alvin. He die die also want the master bedroom downstairs and don't know what to do with the second floor. *sulk and puff*

      Delete
  2. A walk in wardrobe. That had me crying in tears of joy for you :D Every girl's dream.

    Electra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah wahh just getting round to reading blogposts, agree with converting whole upper floor for just the home ownerssss lol! Please post updates as you go along, I find such entries very interesting where you can see how things progress ;D

    ReplyDelete