Instagram!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Confession of a very emo bride-to-be.

Saw Gan's Dr Dre Beats headphone lying pitifully on his desk while he was away for event so I decided to do him a favor and took it home for safety sake, what if somebody steal it! (actually I just want to use it =P) Stayed home on Friday night to indulge in music with the headphone.

I'm registering my marriage this Sunday, and I wonder if it's the power of Dr Dre Beats headphone or am I experiencing emotional roller coaster, all the songs played in my iPod makes me wanna cry. I did actually. Suddenly I just feel so emotional, it struck me like a flash of light. I have no idea if it's me or it's the bloody headphone.


When Alvin proposed to me, I was over the moon. Making the preparation and planning was so stressfully enjoyable. But now that the date is drawing near, reality suddenly hit me and I came upon to my conscience that I'M REALLY GETTING MARRIED, no shit.  The responsibility, the commitment, the status. Everything is not tied by a string anymore, it's now solid hard and real. I can't cut it off just like that anymore, everything has consequences now.

For 26 years I'm so used to the single status, but now I'm going to be someone's wife, changing my status to married and it will be that way for the rest of my life. From the surface, it looks like it's just a process, no big deal. But emotionally, it's a life changing experience to me. I don't know how to put it in words, the feeling is indescribable.

The songs in my iPod have been with me since my college days. 8 years have passed and I went through so many heartbreaks along the way. Each and every song reminds me of some memories. All the heart wrenching experiences have brought me here today and now, I'm getting married. I wish the people who once hurt me and the people I've once hurt in the past, to lead a happy life. Because...I'm happy now.

The most amazing love story in 4 minutes. No words, no special effect, just pure love.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations (: not only because you will be getting married but also because you are able to grasp what a change this will be to your life.. one of my best friends also went through the same emotions as you. i guess the word to use would be overwhelmed (: with this life changing occasion

    honestly, if you didnt feel or even question/doubt yourself if you will be a wonderful wife/husband and reflect to consider how big a step this is for both of you.. it comes across to me as a "lets get married because we just wanna". i dont know you very well but i am genuinely happy for both you and Alvin.

    For you to say that you wish happiness for even the people who have hurt you before shows that you are in a very good place, dont let the world cause you to be jaded nor lose faith in people.

    Btw, I love the story between Carl & Ellie. A bit embarrassed to admit but I cried at the movie!! haha Cant wait for my very own Carl :D

    Thanks for reading my essay. -the end- kthanksbye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Xen =) *tears of emo-ness* Some friends we've known for years, but they're not sincere. So I really appreciate your genuine blessing =) Doesn't matter if you know me well or not. Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete