Instagram!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weekend Plan // Sepang Gold Coast

If you're wondering why am I blogging almost everyday recently, that's simply because I'm getting lazier at work ;P Boss is not around, so I guess it's pretty normal for the staff to laze a bit since whenever the boss is around, I'll be busy and hectic the whole time.

Even the most hardworking worker needs a break! (a better way to describe: when the cat is away, the mouse came out to play) tsk! tsk! tsk!

Last week everyone was talking about the hot air balloon fiesta held at Putrajaya. Many of my friends went to join the crowds but only came back with disappointment. They complained that only the media was allowed to go near to take pictures and many balloons were not up to the air due to the bad weather and when the sky finally cleared off, it was already night time and the balloons didn't look nice in the dark sky =( I almost canceled my plan to drive my way to Putrajaya to see the cute balloons. Phewwww.....!

All along I thought hot air balloons supposed to look like this:

Don't judge me by calling me a bimbo =___= I have reasons wan ok! I thought hot air balloons are supposed to be round and have even diameter at all corners and sides to balance the weight when they float in the air, like a plane. But look at these!
And my favourite!Nescafe mug hot air balloon! Cuteness!

Hopefully next year's weather will be much better and the authorities will allow the public to get near for photos. But judging by the weather condition of our planet these days, I doubt it will get better any time soon. The end is near....prepare for more catastrophes!

...

Well, in case you're wondering where the heck I went to if it's not the much talked about hot air balloon fiesta...Alvin and I drove 1.5 hour to Sepang Gold Coast! It is a new developed place, a carbon copy of the Dubai's Palm and World Islands. Well, let's just be honest...no matter how I look at it, front back left right up down, even side ways...they don't look like carbon copy...but a low class version of the Dubai's =_____=

Dubai's Palm and World Islands

Sepang Gold Coast
(note: artist impression in 3D)

The half done holiday villas, the water is brown in color like "teh tarik" so it wasn't very sightful. And the villas just look so....."local"? Looking at those concrete walls on stilts and dried leaves roofs, like a mixed breed of urban house with kampung house, they just don't give me that vacation mood.

And by the name Gold Coast, I expected it to be very nostalgically beautiful, especially during the sunset where the beach will be in gold sandy color and the sea will have sparkly reflection from the setting sun. But erm... =S Hopefully there will be no Australians coming to this place or they will laugh their backside off comparing this Gold Coast with their Australia's REAL Gold Coast.

We arrived at the beach around 4 something in the afternoon and we were shot by disappointment, looking at the condition of the beach. It was low tide so half of the beach were dried up with rubbish! They were many people playing around, mostly Malays with their families. I saw plastic bags, bottles and even diapers! FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!! DIAPERS!!!!

THESE PEOPLE NEEDS TO BE EDUCATED ABOUT LOVING THE NATURE AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF POLLUTION!!! THE END IS ALREADY DRAWING NEAR AND THERE THEY ARE DUMPING THEIR KID'S DIAPERS WITH SHITS ON THE BEACH!!!! 70% of the earth surface is covered with water and the sea is mainly the primary source for our living, so I hope the shit of their kids will dilute in the sea water and hopefully it will SOMEHOW flow into their water system in their house and let them drink what they dumped at the source of their living.

Am I getting out of the topic?

Ok, so we walked along the dried beach and saw lots of tiny crabs, and I mean ALOT. That was the only highlight of the beach, bullying tiny crabs. When it was around 6pm, the water started to come in like flooding. So we decided to get our feet wet and stroll along the flooding beach with 2 or 3 dead fish floating nearby =_______=

By 6 something Alvin cried out of hunger so we went to have a romantic dinner by the beach. And as expected, it was blardy expensive T_____T But no doubt their service is very up to the standard, like 5 stars hotel. And the food is better than what I expected too.

If you have too much time on hand, you may want to think about going to this place to catch some tiny crabs with your kids or crazy friends. But if you're thinking to have a nice time at the beach to relax, you can forget about it. Might as well go Port Dickson.

:: UPDATE ::

To oblige Manda Dear's request for food pictures. Here is the one and only food picture that I took, Chicken Wings! I was too hungry to take pictures of the rest of the food, chom! chom! chom!

4 comments:

  1. (Nah here's my comment)

    Why no pic of food from the romantic restaurant? Was kind of eager to see how yummy they were. Too hungry that u all wolfed it down n forgotten to take pics?

    :P cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Nah here's my reply)

    Indeed we were too hungry that we gobbled everything before the idea of taking pics came to our mind =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ala.. u shud go down to the small pekan nearby to hav nicer seafood or abit further down to tanjung sepat to hav nice n cheap seafood...

    any how, i went ther jus to c the BB crab =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. we went tanjung sepat to eat before ma. didn't know nearby got small pekan, cis! now wallet berasap already.

    ReplyDelete