Instagram!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Beautiful Walking Disaster.

Do not judge a book by it's cover. Something might appeal a certain way to you, but the fact is if you get to know and understand it, it might turn out to be different from what you expected.

That is exactly the problem I'm having. I used to have people thinking that I'm a cool and arrogant person because when I do not smile, I kinda look cocky. But seriously, I can't wear my smile 24/7 wherever I go. I'm going to have laugh lines around my mouth. And blame my mother for giving me a non-cheery and non-sunshiny face when I ain't smiling. But when people get to know me, they realized that I'm a very funny person and I occasionally make a fool out of myself too.

Lately, I face another problem. People think I'm a bimbo =___= The other day Shaowen was asking me about pasting YouTube link in Facebook without the link appearing in the status. When I enlightened her, she said she didn't know I'm that smart, she had the wrong impression of me.

......... *cricket sound*




I might go gaga when I see bags and shoes more than the political issues. I might have more pink stuff than my niece. I might take time to doll up myself looking pretty and presentable. I might have my husband doing things for me. But that doesn't justify that I'm a bimbo! I think a lot and I think deep! My friends come to me for advice! And I'm the pillar of strength in my family! God forsaken this word to be concluded upon me! *kneel and cry with hands up in the air*


That goes the same when I told people I have read 5 books in a month. Their reaction was like as though they just saw Jesus came back to life. They said I don't look like a person who read. So how does a person who read looks like?
Like this?!


Stop being so judgmental!

If the book is interesting, I only need 3 days to complete it. I used to love horror novels back in high school. I had a whole shelve of books varying from the whole complete set of "True Singapore Ghost Stories" to "Goosebumps" collection. After I left for college, I only read a few chic lit novels and stopped until recently, I started to dwell in romance novels. I don't like to watch romance movies, maybe because the lead actor and actress sometimes can't deliver that chemistry to me. But in books, I have full control with my brain. And maybe because I'm married and have a stable love life, so I can only look for some love drama in novels.

This post is supposed to be a book review, but I have gone way past 50% of the blog post and I still haven't start reviewing =_____=

WALKING DISASTER / BEAUTIFUL DISASTER

Let me start with my favorite, Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire. It's a story about a fighter in illegal underground fighting arena with tattoos all over his body and a well known bad boy in college. But he fell hopelessly in love with a decent girl who was the total opposite of all the girls he had gone after. The story focused on how he tried to win her heart and all the heartbreaks that came along. It's a perfect book for hopeless in love.





Synopsis from the book:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand. 

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Do you know what is a book hangover?

Definition: When you've finished a book and you suddenly return to the real world, but the real world feels incomplete or surreal because you're still living in the world of the book.

I had it bad. So bad I had to buy the other version. The book also came in another version called Beautiful Disaster. It tells the story from the girl's point of view. Walking Disaster was the guy's point of view. Yes, same story line, just different perspective. It was so good I didn't mind reading the same story again on how crazily in love the guy was to the girl *heart melts*



Here's my verdict for this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment