Instagram!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Marching into the late 20s with grace!

It's either I had too much attention during my wedding few months back, or I'm over anticipating my honeymoon, OR I'm finally getting old. Somehow this year I don't really feel like celebrating my birthday. Previously I wanted to party, big celebration and surprises. But this year, I just want a peaceful and calm birthday with my friends and loved ones.

Colleagues surprised me with a cake!

With my team mate who happened to be a January baby too! Capricorn rules!

The people behind the surprise.


On the same night, birthday eve dinner with all my girls.


Another cake!



Once got home, the husband surprised me with another cake!

Some of the cakes for this year's birthday. 6 in total! 

Dinner and movie date on my birthday.
Castell at Section 17, Jalan Universiti. They serve good food!

I guess you can judge from the expression on his face.


Me posing with my birthday present. Thanks Kelle for the pretty updo!

Swavroski charm bracelet from the husband =)

All the presents from my lovelies.

I'm officially in the range of late 20s. Finally swapping all my oil control skincare to anti aging. Worrying about wrinkles, sagging skin and cellulite has never been so expensive.

Here are the differences I see in myself upon reaching 27, compared to my younger teen days.

- I no longer express my emotion publicly in Facebook. We all are like convicts in Facebook, whatever we say will be used against us. This media platform has become the source for backstabbing and gossip.

- I get angry lesser compared to my early 20s where I can just throw a fit in the public (thinking back about it make me feel so stupid =_=) I feel like it's a waste of time getting angry at someone, it kills all my good cells.

- Besides taking, I like to give. It just makes me happy when I see someone happy with the gift I pick for them.

- I go out lesser. I always wanted to go out with my friends to places, especially on special days. Now I just wanna stay at home and enjoy the peace. No jam, no noise, no chaos.

- I dress down. I used to wear bareback top or some flashy outfit, showing off the slim figure I used to have. But now I wear lots of long sleeve, jacket and cardigan. Probably because I'm getting fatter =S 

- I can't sleep too much anymore. It's like a clock has been set in my brain. Everyday I will automatically wake up at 7/8am++, even weekends! FML! Though I can occasionally sleep back again afterwards. In my younger days I can sleep for more than 12 hours! Waking up at 3 in the afternoon omg! But now, even sleeping late at night I will wake up the next day before 12pm. 

- The most obvious difference I see is my body and skin. I have lumps and bumps here and there, compared to my younger days when I have that perfect slim figure even eating all sorts of rubbish at anytime of the day!

I've been blogging a lot with photos taken with my phone lately. And I didn't realize how unattractive that makes my blog look until recently I saw my friend's blog. Though the content might not be interesting, but the photos make a lot of difference. It's time for me to resurrect my camera!

2 comments:

  1. What cake is that? In your cake collage: bottom right!! I wantttttt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the chocolate cake from Wondermilk! It's the same chocolate cake but they design according to the festive season =D

      Delete