Instagram!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Valentine in Switzerland!


We reached Switzerland at 6 something in the evening. We had our dinner at a very cute diner in a small town in Interlaken, where there were 2 waiters who did all sorts of funny and noisy stuff to entertain us with their dry jokes. Us from the other hands are Asian and we seriously didn't find their jokes funny so we basically didn't laugh and rarely respond to them because we were dead tired, while they were like syiok sendiri and asked us to raise our hands and sing along =__= nobody layan them and they were like talking to the walls *cricket sound* They even did the Chinese lion dance because it was Chinese New Year during that period.

The funny guy blowing the giant horn, famous in Switzerland.


Living up their motto, "Happiness, Fun & Food". Sorry for not taking part =P

Guests leaving notes on the wall with messages. The whole wall is plastered with bank notes. Anyone short on cash?
The tired and hungry me.

Their famous cheese fondue as starter! Dip the bread into the warm melting cheese.

After dinner, we went strolling along the street for some little shopping. I still remember that lovely moment where we held hands, walking along the quiet and chilly street with snow on the ground and wind blowing briskly at us at night. Simple, but...the feeling was very sweet and romantic =)

I shall call this street, "The Little Love Street".  Hehe.

Look what I found! Mine!

THE HOTEL

Our hotel in Zurich is just walking distance from the diner. The room is very small, almost like an attic shape. There were no air-conditioner and it only has a small tiny window. We were like...shit, we are going to suffocate in the stuffy room with not much air ventilation. Little did we know that as the night passed by the cold air finally got into the room from the window, and we nearly froze to death in our sleep =____=

Our attic style room.

Showering was a torture in cold weather. The bathtub was left unused again.

JUNGFRAUJOCH

The next day we proceeded to the place I could hardly wait to go, Jungfraujoch! Also known as Top of Europe! While we were on the way to the train station, we could easily feel the bloody cold skin freezing temperature already. The tour guide warned us to walk slowly when we were up on the mountain because of the lack of oxygen and we must wear as thick as we could. I looked like a dumpling =__=

Look at my clown nose, already getting red!

Jungfraujoch is located at 3471 meters above sea level and can be reached through a 7.3 km long railway tunnel from Interlaken.


As you can see, Interlaken (circled in red) is a small town located in between of 2 lakes. From Interlaken, we took a train up to the point where the red arrow is.

The train is here! Time to board!


So cold I didn't bother to muter a word. Just look at the ninja behind me, LOL!




Great view outside.
One of the stop. People dropping off to go skiing! But we stayed back to catch another cabin to continue our journey!



The first thing we reached Jungfraujoch was to visit the Ice Palace. The ice was made of the ice itself in the mountain. Not like the one in our local i-City or Genting Snow World where they sculpt a few pieces of ice and put it there!



SCRAT!!!! What are you doing here?!



Timeline of how a man's vision turned into reality. 



I have a dream. Yeap, I do.

Uncle, I'm cold. Please give me some warmth.

Giant snow globe! Amazeballs!!!

As we stepped outside the observation area, I was totally blown away by the breathtaking view. It was one of the most beautiful view I have ever seen. At that very moment, I felt like singing Beyond's 海闊天空



Try playing the song while scrolling down the photos below. See if you could feel what I felt at that moment. FREEDOM.

Looking at the boundless mountains and endless horizon, I felt like a bird soaring high on top of the world. A sense of freedom and satisfaction. You have no idea how beautiful the world looks like until you open up your eyes and look what's beyond.
















White knitted scarf from H&M, purple knitted beanie: origin unknown.

Black rabbit fur jacket from Armani Exchange , pink jeans from Nichii, glove from Mother-in-law.


Love this photo the most. Taken when I was sliding down the slippery slope on my ass.

Lunching on top of the world. 

Ang mohs hanging out at the Coca-cola tents drinking and smoking while waiting for their rides for skiing! 

On the way down, I slept throughout the whole journey in the train. It was due to the lack of oxygen hence the lethargic, ZZzzzzzz @____@

Interlaken, the town between 2 lakes.


We went to the city for some shopping afterwards. The tour guide took us to shop for Switzerland's most famous watches. Rolex, Tag Hauer, you name it. While the rich went for watch shopping, I went crazy for chocolates, LOL! I think you can tell from the look on my face in the photos below.



I love their phone booth. The cylinder glass booth has an automatic door. 

Comparing to ours =_= This is like the most decent photo I could find online.

My chocolate loots. The Lindt mousse chocolate was freaking awesome! Why didn't I buy moreeeeeeeee.

THE HOTEL

When I entered the hotel room in Swissotel Zurich, I was fascinated with the size of the room! We opened the door and was lead to an 'L' shape hallway. The room is like a mini business suite. The bathroom is kinky, all full glass *eyebrows jumping*

The only downside is there is no air conditioner, only heater. I turned off the heater and felt stuffy. So we slept with the window opened. But guess what, our room was facing the train station. When the morning came, it was like an orchestra outside.


The train station outside.

Next destination was Paris, my favorite place among all the countries. Can't wait to share with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment