Instagram!

Friday, June 15, 2012

FREEDOM!

I've waited 2 years to post this very post! So allow me to express my satisfaction of announcing that...

I HAVE FINALLY RESIGNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*fireworks blasting BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!*
 
You have no idea how happy am I to be free! No more tollerating screaming and shouting, no more enduring banging and throwing things, no more phone call after I went home at night to ask me to go back to office again (wtf right?), no more SMS in the middle of the night to ask me to go to work earlier the next morning, no more SMS or phone call during the weekend to ask me to go back to the office urgently. NO MORE!!! NADA!!! ELEK!!!

It does sound like where I worked at is a torture house (kind of actually), but nonetheless my portfolio expanded so much during my 2 years of working there. And I had fun working with the crazy people there too. It's torturous, but it's an experience. As the famous saying goes, I survived there, I can survive anywhere now!

Just in case you have no idea what I worked as, I was a Senior Graphic Designer in an interactive agency. As you all are very well aware, life in agency is....scary. Think of late nights, skipping meals, rushing deadlines and many more (which I fear to name).

The decision to leave came after Alvin proposed to me. Getting married is NOT just about getting married. Getting married is a progress but marriage is hard work. There will be responsibility, commitment, team work and balance. This is the one thing that I won't get if I continue to work there. My life now is not just about me, but the 2 of us. Anything that I do, I can't only think of myself anymore, I need to think about my other half too. Let alone when I have kids in the future *yikes!* The company expect the people to put their job above and beyond everything. Note: 90% of the staff are single and 98% are male, I think I shall rest my case =_= Balance of work and life is very important. If you have no time for yourself, you can never be able to perform well. Too bad this is not the culture practiced.

I sent farewell emails to all my clients and this particular reply made me LMAO!

Cool client is cool.

So now that I'm married, balance is something that I'm looking for =D I'm not going to stay at home and become a full time housewife, though I wish I can T_T I already have plans in my agenda, will keep it confidential for now.

But life has been GREAT since I gained my freedom on Wednesday! XD

Wednesday
1. Went for massage right after farewell lunch with the colleagues  (will blog about the massage because it was something very "unforgettable")
2. Enjoyed some me time after the massage and had dessert alone while paying attention to the surrounding, enjoying life without any stress and noise =)
3. Late night movie with hubby zai later on.

Thursday
1. Ran some errands
2. Tea time with Fuankee
3. Sat in front of the aquarium observing the fishes. Sounds weird, but trust me, it feels zen and serene.

Friday
1. Facial
2. Hmm....I have so much time left, what else can I do?

Farewell lunch having my favorite Ayam Percik!

My armors and weapons that fought along with me during the
2 years battle. Now they can rest =)


I counted the days everyday, like prisoners!

 To be honest, I have only been jobless for 2.5 days and I've never been so carefree. Waking up in the morning without bothering to check the clock if I can sleep in for another 10 more minutes. No need to check my phone for missed calls or messages. I have an OCD to check my phone regularly because I always kinda hear my phone ring (sign of stress and anxiety! FML!). Don't get me wrong and go quit your job without any plans =_= I feel good because I quitted my job for a good reason and I have plans.

Yes, I will blog about the dowry day after this! But for now, I shall take deep breaths and sniff the air of freedom! I'm so happy beyond words I feel like dancing like a hippo in ballerina tutu!


No comments:

Post a Comment