Instagram!

Monday, October 13, 2014

My new home: The exterior

Let's talk about the ridiculous story of my new house. Remember one year ago, I blogged about it? You may check out here to refresh your memory. The application of the renovation took a bloody 1 year to be approved! Basically the renovation is not merely any renovation where you take a few planks and knock some nails on it or paint some walls. We are hacking down the whole house and rebuild from scratch. But I couldn't believe the government took 1 year, let me repeat, O N E Y E A R to process our application! From the architect drawing of the plans to submission and alteration of the plan to another submission, IT TOOK 1 YEAR!!!!! HOLY!!!!



The runner who so-called helped us to handle the submission charged us triple the market price and dare to drag us a year for the whole process! This runner is a "friend" of my father-in-law. He works in the government and claimed to have high power. Whatever! That gives him the right to charge us a bomb? I found out about this when Sharon told me the actual price people pay for architect drawing+plan submission to the government. Whatever we paid to that a-hole is triple the price, another HOLY!!!! We were cheated! My father-in-law did not say anything because this a-hole claimed to be very powderful. *PUI*


After one year, the application is FINAEFFINGLY approved and I wish not to meander with this a-hole ever again! You know how painful it is to wait for a year?! Every month I pay for the installment but yet I couldn't do anything or move into the house, it was just left there empty and rotted for a year!

Let's bygone be bygone, the old house was already hacked off and the new structure is being built piece by piece everyday. Let's see the progress!

The house was relatively old, it was probably triple my age. The bricks and the whole structure were too fragile to withstand renovation. So we decided to hack down the whole house.

The old structure. All walls within were hacked down in this picture.

The house were gone leaving only the concrete patio and gate.

MAGIC!

TADAAA!!!!!

The new structure was born.

Bricks were added on both sides to separate our wall with the neighbors. More privacy in terms of noise/sound.

The concrete structure is done on the first floor!

Second floor in progress.

Bricks were  laid on the first floor.

The concrete structure on the 2nd floor is done as well. Time for the new patio!

The outer structure of the house is all done with roof! Woohoo! Well done to the guys on the balcony!

The whole process of hacking down the house until the rebuild of the structure took a painstakingly 4 months. I pray I will be able to move-in in another 2 months. I want to spend Christmas in the new house. Christmas shopping is fun, and it's more fun to shop for Christmas tree for my new home =) Will post more updates again. The next post will be the interior. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment