Instagram!

Saturday, October 11, 2014

2nd Wedding Anniversary

How time flies. Seemed like it was just a few months a go  I blogged about my 1st wedding anniversary. Today, I'm already blogging about my 2nd wedding anniversary. Where did all the time goes?!

This year, my wedding anniversary coincide with the public holiday of Hari Raya Haji. So we took the opportunity for a short road trip to Malacca for food! Decided to stay at a very British inspired hotel, The Sterling after contemplating a few good hotels. This hotel caught our attention for it's quaint concept, location and price. It was situated nearby the Jonker Street and opposite of the hotel is the famous satay celup, Capitol! The price is quite reasonable as well. The room I got is called Leyton & Stoke Mandeville.



The service is absolutely great. Unlike some hotels, the front desk staff look like we owe them a million dollar. But the staff in The Sterling greeted and served us with a million dollar smile. Although we just had a duffel bag, the bellboy (I should call him bellman because he is old) insisted on helping us carrying it to our car.

What do you do when you have settled down in the hotel room? SELFIE!

Happy 2nd Wedding Anniversary, hubby lou!


When there is good lighting, it means good selfie.


After selfies, we took a 10 minutes walk to Jonker Street for food.

It's time for the husband to invest on eye cream =_____=

The husband syncing his action camera with his phone, totally ignoring me.

The weather in Malacca is always humid because it's located next to the Straits of Malacca. So it's like heaven on earth when you down a bottle of Coca-cola. Aaahhhhhhhhh........



And Cendol Gula Melaka too!



For dinner, we wanted to try the famous satay celup, Capitol which is just located behind our hotel. We considered ourselves lucky to be staying so near to the famous cuisine until we saw the queue! Spot the arrow, that's where the queue started, WTF!!!! I have never seen such long queue for food! I wonder how awesome the food is since tons of people are willing to wait to such extend. For people like me who has zero tolerance in waiting, I bid Capitol goodbye and off to Jonker Street again for street food.


You don't say?

I raise my hands and legs and whatever that I can raise to agree.

Nothing beats the heat like Somersby Apple Cider!

I had been pestering the husband to take me to the Hello Kitty guesthouse. I saw online that it has a cafe too but I was disappointed when the front desk lady told me the cafe is no longer operating. I WANT HELLO KITTY FOOD!!!!!!!



So we went to try the famous mille crepe cake in Malacca, Nadeje in Mahkota Parade. Haven't heard about this place until my friend told me about it. He said Nadeje is "the place" for mille crepe. We shall see.



Original flavor.

Gula Melaka.

It's too creamy for my liking. It took away the texture of the layering. I couldn't feel the layers of the crepes because they're all moisten by the cream. You don't call it a mille crepe if you can't taste the layering of crepes. I have tasted better mille crepe.

Still holding on. Never let go.

I always think a watch is the perfect gift for your lover. It symbolizes the precious time you spend together.

Ended our anniversary road trip with a sea of clouds. 


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment