Instagram!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

I have died everyday waiting for you...

I got complained by my friends for fooling them with the previous post =_= It was a pre-preview of the wedding post. Patience, people. Good things come to those who wait. So here it is! The post that you have been waiting for! It's going to be picture heavy and long winded with lotsa ah ma stories and emo nemo crap! Make sure you read every single words!

So here goes...

For all my life For the past few years I had been picturing how my wedding will look like and what I'll do on my wedding day. After preparing for a good few months, when the big day finally draw closer and closer, I somehow didn't want the day to come. I like the feeling of anticipation, the eagerness and the waiting. It somehow gave some excitement and something to look forward to in my life. My friend told me "You don't spend your whole life waiting for that one day. Marriage is not just about the wedding day itself, it's the rest of your life with the man you're marrying". I didn't quite felt what she was saying, I guess I was just like any other girls who wanted a memorable and perfect wedding.

THE DAMSEL IN DISTRESS

2 days before the wedding when I saw all the wedding props ready around the house, I started to have jitters. It got worst when it was a day before. I freaked out when I saw the canopies at Alvin's house and the bridal car. I was like...shit, this is real, I'm not dreaming or imagining it anymore.

I guess it's in my genes that I tend to forget things, especially when I'm nervous. I spent few hundreds to buy new lingerie to wear after the traditional flower bath. But I forgot to bring over to the condo =_= And my mom also forgot to buy flowers for my bath =_= Yes, that's why I said it's in my genes. So I had to make do by buying a few stalks of roses from the flower shop at Pavilion where we had dinner to celebrate my grandma's birthday.





(photo courtesy of Alexis, taken from her Facebook)

After the dinner, I got lost and didn't know how to go back to the condo. I was stuck in the massive jam in the middle of KL city on a Friday night. I was already so nervous, stuck in such situation with my grandma, mom and 3 kids in the car, I cried and called Alvin for help. But because of the belief that the groom and bride are not supposed to meet a day before they got married, he sent his brother and Fuankee to save the damsel in distress.

Once we finally reached the condo and thought I could chill a bit, my mom told me she bought the wrong flour and couldn't make tong yuen! FML, everything just seemed to be going all the wrong way!

After briefing my sister and Alexis about the crash gate games, I went to bed at about 2 something. I tossed and turned but yet I was too nervous, my body twitched every time I almost fell asleep. I guess my body and mind weren't being nice to each other at that moment. My body wanted to sleep but my mind was too excited.

TIME TO PANIC!

Don't you think the clock runs faster every time you are on the bed? After a few rounds of tossing and turning, my phone rang and it was Fann, calling me at 5.20am. Holy shit! O_o I didn't sleep at all and the photographers were here already! Once the make up artist reached and started her magic on me, I started to panic. All the while I was holding my own hands feeling cold and nervous. Reuben kept telling me to relax and smile every time he aimed his camera at me. HOW DO YOU WANT ME TO SMILE WHEN I'M SHITTY NERVOUS!!! At that moment I had the feeling to jump off the window and just escape all these panicky feeling.




How professional photographers managed to make the ugly me look beautiful.
But in real life...I looked like this...


=_______________________=|||

8 AND A HALF BRIDESMAIDS

When I saw my bridesmaids arriving one by one, seeing them in the soft pink attire I required them to wear, looking all dolled up and pretty, I finally felt a tad bit relaxed. Especially when I saw Manda. Thank God I had her around, I put her in charged of the girls and she did more than what I asked for. She prepared the agenda and printed them to be given out to each bridesmaid. Ahhh....how can I get married without her.

Briefing the girls like Oppa Gangnam Style.

Like a director with the casts.




Fresh flowers corsage will wither. So I bought pretty rose hairband instead and added a ribbon on it for the girls. It won't die and can be kept as memory forever =) And also cute little button badge for them, designed by me with my wedding cartoon =)




The girls also got goodie bags containing customized goodies inside tailored according to their needs with a DIY thank you card and ang pao inside. A special way from me to thank them for their help. Where can you find such thoughtful bride I ask you....tsk tsk tsk *applause for myself*

Personal message for each bridesmaid.

With our wedding photo behind.

(photos courtesy of Hooi)


Hooi said this was her first time putting on make up, styling her hair and wearing heels. All for my wedding. I felt so touched T_____T And her effort of waking up super early really paid off. She looked so different! So pretty!

I felt even more calmed when Fuankee arrived. He was the most important "prop" in the crash gate game. Thanks Sharon for this idea, it made the whole wedding uber one of the kind! Fuankee were to disguise me, wearing a white gown with wig and veil. He was so cool, he even suggested to put on make-up. Not any ordinary make up, he wanted Joker make-up. 

Are you kidding me?




LOL! Poor thing got pinned and poked by Sharon.

Potential make up artist for Halloween.




Mom said she was so happy to get another "daughter".

He was totally joker of the day.

Made everyone laughed out loud.

Even my mom.

THE BRIDE

While everyone was hoo ha-ing with the she-male bride, I was left alone at the corner prepping up. They must have forgotten I was the one who needed attention =(



I always wanted a Vera Wang gown but it costs a bomb. Hence I put my creative juice to good use and imitate the famous Vera Wang look, ribbon on the waistline.


Mom fixing the bow.

And I'm done.

At this moment when I was done in my gown, sitting on the bed in the room, hearing the girls and boys outside playing happily. With the sun light shining bright at me, I suddenly had an enlightenment and finally came to understand what my friend was trying to tell me. That moment I felt like the most happiest women alive, and realized that wedding is really just a wedding. It is our marriage that matters most. I couldn't wait to start a new life with the man I'm going to call my husband, to build a family and spend the rest of my life with him.



A last bow of respect to mom before I got married off, mom started to cry at that moment.

Putting on the veil is like sending off the daughter for marriage.


THE GROOM AND HIS TROOP


The husband looking dapper.


The groom with his gangster brothers.

The first game, imitating my make-up regime.

The guys getting creative.

Obviously I don't make-up like that =___= PUNISHMENT! Brushing teeth with chilly sauce, eeewww.

His face says it all.


Second game, juicing all the lemons. Wonder how it tastes like to juice lemon after brushing the teeth with chilly.


Failed! PUNISH! 

The third game. Singing 月亮代表我的心 in Hakka! Look at his face! HAHAHA!

This was the game he thought he would be able to pick up the bride after singing. But it was all a lie. The bride inside that room was...


His reaction was classic!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!! They kissed!!!!!! And he kissed me after that!!!!! Blehhhhhhhh.....

The guys found another room locked and started to bang the door. I was so bloody scared inside!

Last game! Shave the watermelon!

With their face wet with watermelon juice, dip inside the flour and find the significant item!
Look at how Sharon pushed the poor dude head into the flour! HAHAHA!


FOUND IT!

THE CEREMONY

Bow of the Husband and Wife.


Taking my hand in marriage.


I'm glad grandma was there for my wedding. 

Gold necklace from mom. 

My mom bawled her lungs out.


So much emotion.

It's ok mom. I'm not too far away.

Custom made ang pao. Yeah, most of the things for my wedding have a lot of personal touch =)

With my family.

My bridesmaids, my sis as matron of honor, the husband and his brother as the best man. 



I love this picture.

OFF TO THE IN LAWS!

Because the DBKL were tolling cars parked illegally by the roadside, hence Reuben and his team wasn't there to capture the photos when we were at the lobby getting to the car.

Our bridal car with the wedding dolls =)


The brother in law asking if the ang pao is thick enough  =__=


Alvin kept reminding me to be quick during the ceremony at my side. So I asked the girls to make the crash gate games short and fast. Little did we know we were left with too much time =___= bloody hell, should have made more games to torture the guys. So we got back to his house earlier than planned, many of his relatives weren't there yet. We got up to our room for more pictures. LOL! We totally made good use of the photographers XD

It was so difficult to go up the stairs with this puffy dress.



Please leave some for me, I was so thirsty!


The guys came into our room for photos and decided to sit on the bed. Bad idea! 8 big guys on a bed, BAM!!!! One of the plank broke. $*@#@#T

So unlike us girls who sat on the floor gracefully *proud poodle face*

The girls looked quite worn out when they reached Alvin's place. But once I gave them the goodie bags, their face totally changed. All hyped up!


Couldn't wait to check out what's inside.

Me and the guys, obediently standing on the floor after destroying my bed =_=

But why so serious?!

Brother cooling off the husband with a Doraemon fan. He was sweating like a pig. 

Bowing at my parents in law.

Cheeky Alvin showing off the ang paos we got. I laughed myself when I was counting them too, wohohoho!!!

With his family + the brother's girlfriend.

Time to throw the bouquet! The moment the girls have been waiting for! When I said let's go catch some flowers, Kelle immediately stood up and said, "I wanna catch the bouquet!" LOL! Control yourself, girl.

Are you ready?


And she really got it!!!!!

When there is a will, there is a way! You will get it if you have strong persistent! Kelle! I'll be waiting for your bomb!

Officially and traditionally husband and wife.

We slept like a pig after that.

.....

The next day when I sent my family to the station to go back to Ipoh. I bid them goodbye and I guess it was the first time I looked at my grandma carefully and closely. Suddenly sadness struck me. I pull myself together until they went out of my sight. Tears started to roll down my cheek as I realized my grandma has became so old. I still remember when I was a small kid, she used to take care of us. Waking up early to prepare breakfast and waited for the school bus with us (even my mom didn't do that =_= she rather sleep). Now that my grandma has become so frail and weak. She used to walk and do small exercises, but now she just sits on the wheelchair. This is the first time she came to KL after so many years, but also might be the last. I'm so glad that she managed to watch me got married. Even though she didn't speak much, but I know she was happy for me. Sometimes I wonder how many more years can I see her. Therefore I'll try to go home as much as I can, when she is still around.



No comments:

Post a Comment