Instagram!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

An Evening Affair.

Sorry for the delayed post of the wedding dinner. I was waiting for the photos from my friends who generously offered to take for me...FOR FREE! And the photos are awesome V^^V

First of all, I sincerely apologize to those people I did not invite. Since both of our parents suggested not to have a huge grand banquet, I know...everyone was shocked hearing this because my husband is the eldest son. But his family is not the social type of people and so is my mine. If we were to have the wedding banquet, his parents will need to have more than 100 tables because they run a business with lots of clients. Imagine the chaos of 100 tables O__o

Hence, we decided to have a small intimate dinner instead with those closest to us, that's why I called it "An Evening Affair". Friendly, cozy and warm-hearted. The place in Delicious Dua Residency can only occupy 50 people so both of us scratched our heads and pumped our brains to shortlist 50 people to invite. Trust me, it wasn't an easy job because we worried those that we didn't invite might get offended. So please please please, accept my sincere apology if you weren't invited.

And I didn't know people actually like to get invited to wedding dinner. I usually see them whine and cry whenever they get an invitation. But for my case, people either asked if they can come or they scold because they weren't invited. WTF!

A few days before, I found out Nike was having their annual marathon too, SAME DAY! SAME AREA! SAME TIME! DAFUQ!!!! Who on earth will have marathon in the middle of KL city in the evening?! Making the traffic jam even worst! The organizer must be thinking...Eff the jam! Just do it!

So I announced in Facebook to my guests to leave their house earlier to avoid the jam. God must have heard my prayers. It poured on that day and miraculously, the traffic were smoother than my skin on that day. The Nike Run organizer must be shaking. But I was happy, yay!

The first couple to arrive was my wedding day photographers, Reuben and Fann. Arriving early to let me have the first preview of the wedding day video and slideshow.

Bridezilla explaining the flow of the event. DO OR DIE!

Felt so much happiness and love watching the video and slideshow designBAR did. 

No wedding planner, have to do it all on my own!

Nearly wanted to blow up that time because guests were coming in but the decorations weren't done yet, and
my friend had the balls to ask me to smile for the camera.


LOL! Same pose like monkey dancing hahahaha!

The decorations.





Thanks Hooi for helping out!

D.I.Y. table numbering.

Door gifts for the guests. Giant diamond ring keychain and candles with their names to light up during the wedding march.

(photo courtesy of Fann, taken from her Facebook)

Some of the guests.

Eeva, Kelle and Hooi.

The 3 Alvins. From left, Alvin Gan, Alvin Soi, Alvin Ho.

The husband's college mates.

Eeva and her boyfie.

Juno and his girlfriend.

My bestie and her boyfie.

The husband's high school friends.

Sau Yeen and her boyfie, flew all the way from Singapore for my wedding dinner!

My highschool besties, Shum and Sau Yeen.

While Alvin was entertaining the arriving guests, I was in the toilet changing and hiding =_= Sharon took some photos of me hiding at the back of the building, but unfortunately her was phone was lost/stolen =(

6.30pm sharp the event was kicked off with our wedding entrance. Initially I wanted to line the staircase with candles but it was too narrow, I was afraid the train of my gown will get burned =__= So scrapped the candles at the staircase idea.

The husband telling me he was very nervous. SO WAS I!






My first time finishing one glass of wine O_o

Let's toast!

YUMMMMMmmmmMMMMMmmmmmMMMMM!!!!!!!!




A huge thanks to my bestie, her mom and her boyfie for this lovely wedding cake. This cake just screams ME!!! LOL!!! The colors, the details and even the dress is exactly the same with the one I was wearing!





We also had a toast session. I chose one person from each table to give a 5 minutes toast, I think mine was the longest, LOL! The first person to kick start the toast session was Sharon. She kept saying how nervous she was, but I think she did great. She even left her seat and toast at the center of the crowd *applause*



The second representative from table 2 was Manda's mom. Her toast sent me to tears T___T She said I was like a daughter to her and she was so grateful that her daughter had me when she needed someone T___T I was trying so hard to keep my tears in my eyes!


When Andrew speaks. LOL!



Finally it was our turn to toast. At first Alvin was reluctant to do so, he is a very shy person. He said if he toast, he will toast in Hakka! LMAO! I was waiting for that moment but he ended up speaking English =_=


As usual, he spoke like Jay Chou. Please decipher what he was saying, because I couldn't hear anything =____=




Thank God I used to do presentations in front of huge crowd back in college. Hence the courage to talk so much for the toast, hahaha!


Looking back at the video of my toast, I realized my English is sibeh Malaysian! Dafuq!

My college mates.

Reuben and Fann!

Alvin's college mates.

With all his brothers.

With all my beautiful girls!

With bestie and also the host. Thanks for everything, my love.

The other 2 besties that I can't possibly live without.

Fann and Eeva's idea with the door gift. LOL!!! Reuben's expressions were all-time classic!

High school besties! Thanks for flying all the way from Singapore!

Parents in law turned up almost at the end of the event.

Kiss the bride! Punch the groom!

Punch the groom! Stab the bride!

Group photo with all the ladies in white!

Group photo with all the men in white!

After this experience, I feel that a wedding dinner is for people to come and celebrate the union of 2 lovers and be genuinely happy for them. You don't come for the sake of coming, obliging or worst, for free booze. Sadly, our local culture practices this. A huge banquet might look grand but as the star of the night, it is totally impossible to mingle around with everyone. You probably wouldn't know who turned up and who didn't.

I'm so glad that we had this kind of small intimate dinner. It's a small one but I could feel most of my guests attended because they were genuinely happy for us and wanted to be there to witness our marriage. We got to mingle around and took lots of pictures together. Though there were also a few people who came for the sake of obliging too. I should have just gave their seats to other people who wanted to come, wasted my precious seats since they don't appreciate my sincerity of involving them in the biggest event of my life. CIS!

Most of all, after the dinner we still managed to have after party! Woohoo!

We partied all the way at Butter Factory! We had so much fun shaking our booties XD

(photo courtesy of Paige, taken from her Facebook)


2 comments:

  1. ehhh are those huge bling rings your party favours? one of my friend wants to get some for the jipsanleong games, where did you get them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Xen! Ya, my friend helped me to order from China. How many do you need? I have a few extra.

    ReplyDelete